I recently returned home from a trip to a neighboring country. It was an interesting place to visit, though life there is quite different. I enjoyed the opportunities to see the city and explore a couple of markets. One market we visited was the Princess souq, and is known for the royal princesses donating their gowns. I didn't get pictures of the gowns, but they were quite exquisite.
Here are a few pictures around where I was staying. The were a lot of open spaces for kids to run around. And a lot of kids out and about.There was a nice 10 mile long trail that another lady and I enjoyed long runs on the weekends. There were nice views of the city and some valleys from the trail.
We stopped at a couple of trail-side parks along the way.
Another weekend we visited an famous square, where public executions are still held. It was interesting to hear one of the shop keepers perspective on how the laws are implemented in this country. It is very different from my beliefs, but quite fascinating to learn more about the culture.
The square was connected to the city's main souq, which was fun to experience. In this country, it is required that women wear an abaya, the traditional women's dress.
Heading out of town to the airport.
It was an interesting experience that I was thankful for, and very thankful for the freedoms I have. And the best part was coming home to my hubby and boys!















3 comments:
Thanks for the interesting pictures...Glad you safely returned to your home away from home. Love.
Welcome Home :) It was a very interesting trip - We enjoyed reading and hearing about it. Always interesting to learn about other cultures.
Love and miss you all 4,
Mom & Dad
What did you run in? Just curious! :) Glad you had the opportunity to explore a bit but even more glad you are home with your guys!
Post a Comment