July 27, 2013

Caleb's 2nd birthday

I have been meaning to write a post about how we spent Caleb's 2nd birthday. Once we have internet, I will post pictures, I promise. We had a low-key weekend to celebrate his special day. On Friday we hung around the house, and Nathan built Caleb's new tricyle. He legs are a little short to move the pedals in a circle, but he likes to say 'ride bike' and to sit in seat. On Saturday we took the boys swimming at the Embassy, and had a lazy rest of the day at home. That night, Nathan and I decorated the house after the boys went to sleep.

Caleb was excited to see the decorations when he woke up in the morning! He was most excited about the balloons on the wall, and he wanted to play with them right away. His birthday was on a Sunday, which is a workday for us, but I was off for the day because the boys also had their well-child check-ups. That evening I cooked one of his (and dad's) favorite meals, macaroni and cheese, hot dogs, and I made chocolate cupcakes for a cake.

We sang the happy birthday song, and Caleb did a great job blowing out his candles. He was not too sure about the firecracker candle, but it looked cool!
 
 

We gave him a workbench for his birthday, and Ben gave him a measuring tape and a John Deere talking tool belt. He enjoyed opening and playing with this new gifts. We think he knew it was his birthday.
 Today we had a get together at the house to have a belated birthday celebration.  We had a few friends come over, and there were 8 kids. Nathan set up a fun play room for them and that is where they spent most of their time.
 Rose and Tes cooked delicious Philipino food, and I fixed a lasagna and some appetizer plates. We had a LOT of food, then had birthday cake and ice cream. Caleb was still unsure about the firecracker candles, but he liked being sung happy birthday and he really liked his dinosaur cake!

Then he opened a few presents, and the kids played while we talked. It was a fun afternoon and we are grateful for the nice friends we have met since moving here!
 
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that Caleb had a nice 2nd birthday. Did Rose and Tes make "pancit'? It's tradition to have some noodles for your birthday. Good to know that you are all adjusting to your new life there. Hugs and kisses to all.
Joan

Anonymous said...

A big few weeks around your place. Caleb has had a memorable second birthday month. The workbench and tools are terrific for Caleb's busy hands. The food for the birthday party get together makes our mouths water:) Tasty!! Will look forward to a good skype in a few days, weeks or whenever the installers get their work finished. Love, Dad and Mom P.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday sweet two-year-old Caleb. Sure sounds like a perfect Birthday. - Lots of presents to keep you busy. Wish we could have been there with you
Lots of love,,
Grandma Sue & Grandpa Art

Mariss said...

How fun! I still can't believe Caleb is now 2 years old. The mop bucket (I'm reading backwards) was hilarious. Glad to see you guys are making friends! I wish I could be there too!