I apologize in advance that this blog is a complaint, you have been forewarned. It is a process to get internet around here, and I am very frustrated with how long it is taking. The day after my last blog post our temporary internet service ran out. We are in the process of getting permanent internet that is actually fast enough to skype and upload pictures faster than one every 5 minutes. I did not want to renew another month of tempoary internet service, but here we are one week later and still no internet, so I gave in.
To get internet, you first need your civil ID, which we got about 2 weeks ago. After that, you can contact the internet company to order service. They came to our house to sign a contract, get some numbers off of the phone box, and collect our money. Unfortunately, they forgot to get some numbers off a mystery box outside of our home, that we never found, so that was a few more days of delay. After calling every day with no luck, the internet company finally told me they called the Ministry of Communications and got what they needed to move the order forward... Next, they submitted the request to connect the internet line to the Ministry of Communications. We have been waiting 5 days now for that approval. Inshallah, after we get approval, within the next week, we will have internet.
I admit that I did not realize how upset it is making me to not have reliable internet. Being so far away from home, it is right now the main way to talk to family, keep in touch with friends, update the blog, pay bills, order things online, look up things around town, just to name a few. I have so much to update on the blog about the boys. Ben is crawling everywhere, and he is getting around so well. Caleb is a little chatterbox. I have lot of pictures and videos to share with you, and I hope to get them all up soon.
Despite the internet saga, we are doing very well. We really like living here, the time we get together, the work we are doing, and the people we are meeting. We have been hanging low since it is Ramadan and most things are only open for a couple of hours each day, and then again at night. There are big fast breakings every night, and Nathan and I plan to go to at one of them before Ramadan ends in a few weeks.
I hope you all are doing well too. We love and miss you all! Have a great week and please check back soon for more updates.
To get internet, you first need your civil ID, which we got about 2 weeks ago. After that, you can contact the internet company to order service. They came to our house to sign a contract, get some numbers off of the phone box, and collect our money. Unfortunately, they forgot to get some numbers off a mystery box outside of our home, that we never found, so that was a few more days of delay. After calling every day with no luck, the internet company finally told me they called the Ministry of Communications and got what they needed to move the order forward... Next, they submitted the request to connect the internet line to the Ministry of Communications. We have been waiting 5 days now for that approval. Inshallah, after we get approval, within the next week, we will have internet.
I admit that I did not realize how upset it is making me to not have reliable internet. Being so far away from home, it is right now the main way to talk to family, keep in touch with friends, update the blog, pay bills, order things online, look up things around town, just to name a few. I have so much to update on the blog about the boys. Ben is crawling everywhere, and he is getting around so well. Caleb is a little chatterbox. I have lot of pictures and videos to share with you, and I hope to get them all up soon.
Despite the internet saga, we are doing very well. We really like living here, the time we get together, the work we are doing, and the people we are meeting. We have been hanging low since it is Ramadan and most things are only open for a couple of hours each day, and then again at night. There are big fast breakings every night, and Nathan and I plan to go to at one of them before Ramadan ends in a few weeks.
I hope you all are doing well too. We love and miss you all! Have a great week and please check back soon for more updates.
4 comments:
We are so sorry for your frustration. This is a surprise being that this country has so much wealth. Oh, well. Your faithful readers will remain patient with the Ministry of Communications :)
Thanks for the update.
Love, Hugs and Kisses to all.
In the scheme of things this is one of life's small inconveniences, and this too shall pass. Frustrating - "yes", but part of the learning experience. Look forward to seeing all the new pictures, which sounds like it will be very soon. Can't wait to see our baby crawl.
Love you all 4,
Mom & Dad R
Saga . . . since I don't read too many saga novels I was captivated by your headline . . . and didn't mind the complaint! There surely seems to be an additional Ramadan affect at work here.
WE remember that same feeling!! Hopefully after Ramadan things will speed up for you and you'll feel connected in no time!!
Post a Comment