May 10, 2012

The Last Couple of Weeks

We had a lot going on the last couple of weeks, so I have not blogged. Here are some pictures and a video for your enjoyment to get you caught up on what we have been up to.
I am looking pregnant a lot sooner than I did with Caleb, as expected. This is 16 weeks-:). I have been feeling very good and so far no swelling! Last week I heard a strong baby's heartbeat. We find out the gender on June 4th - stay tuned!
Caleb LOVES Nathan's hair!
And the John Deere water sprinkler, thanks dad -:)
Last week, we had a quiet night at home to celebrate my 33rd birthday. It was a perfect evening with my favorite boys. A kind co-worker of mine gave me the cake and candles, and I got lots of sweet gifts, cards, emails, and phone calls. I felt very loved. Even though I aged another year, I still feel so young at heart. Age is just a number!
When it is nice outside, we like to eat dinner on the deck. I thought this meal looked picture-worthy. Salmon, pasta, and salad. Nice and colorful.
And the view from our deck.
Last Saturday, I took Caleb to the farm near our house, to see the goats and chickens. When all the chickens started clucking, it scared Caleb and he broke into tears...but he got over it quickly and was back up looking at the animals.

Afterwards, we went inside to see the chicks. Poor little things were petrified when Caleb went right for them. They got far away from this little boy!
Then Daddy met us after he got out of school, and we played outside in the grass for a little while.

On Sunday, we spent the day with our friends Tom, Erin, Jenna, and their dog Chili. Jenna just turned one year old, and has grown a lot in the two months since we last saw them. She is almost ready to walk and is smiley as can be. She and Caleb had fun crawling around their house and more fun at the park. Caleb had so much fun that he fell asleep in the swing, hahaha! Check out the video Tom took Caleb asleep on the swing



It was a nice day, so we hung out on their deck. Chili hung out too, she is so good with the babies.
Aren't they cute? There is nothing wrong with an older woman -:). Thanks for the fun visit!

7 comments:

Jessica J said...

You look Great mom and mom to be of another sweet baby!

Anonymous said...

Hey what great pictures and nice update. Caleb is changing daily and will be chasing down that John Deere sprinkler soon. Glad that Tom and Erin are close by and the kids can play together from time-to-time. And by the way, you don't get older you just get better! Love, Mark and Betty

Anonymous said...

We had such a good time with you. Let's find a way to make it a regular occurrence.
Tom and Erin

Elizabeth said...

Who needs toys when you have dad's hair to play with? You are looking cute with that bump... I can't wait to find out what baby is:) I have my guess... do we get to guess???

Elizabeth said...

Oh and my boys would love that sprinkler... next time we are at your house:) Glad Caleb is starting with some green in his life!

Anonymous said...

You look wonderful Heather let me know you want my "guess" for the new baby, which of course you know already. Father and son are quite the pair - they have such a great time together. Love to all and can't wait to see you.
M&D
S&A
G&G

Mariss said...

That sprinkler is adorable, just like my nephew! You look gorgeous mama! xoxoxo