April 8, 2012

Happy Easter

Caleb celebrated his first Easter today. We heard a great sermon at church this morning, worked in the nursery with crazy two year olds, and finished the day celebrating with the Kerns family, which has been a tradition for us the past few years.


This morning at church, our pastor preached about the 4 things the Bible tells us we need to make life worth living. 1) An eternal purpose for living, 2) Power over our passions, 3) A supernatural peace of mind, and 4) Assurance of eternal life.  I really liked the way he related to the congregation, it was a very powerful message.  To save a really long blog post I won't go into detail, but you can listen to the sermon by clicking here. I do have assurance of eternal life, and I thank my Lord everyday for the meaning of what He did for us today.


This afternoon we went to the Kerns house for Easter brunch. The company was great and the food was delicious. They have an awesome trampoline that the kids jump on every day, and Caleb enjoyed it today too-:). After indulging in lots of good food, they had an Easter Egg hunt for the kids, and they even saved a few eggs for Caleb. He was more interested in chewing on candy wrappers -:). When we got home, we did what we love to do best on Sundays - take an afternoon nap!







Happy Easter!

5 comments:

Mom P. said...

Amazing enough...I was able to hear Lon's sermon on the radio on my drive home. Thanks for the link. Though alone...I had a blessed and meaningful Easter.

The Kern girls are getting so beautiful and long legged:)

Thanks for a wonderful week. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Easter Day! Everyday is Easter when you have a God as poweful as ours! Caleb enjoyed the nice weather! Jessica

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter! Caleb looks like a big boy on that trampoline!

Anonymous said...

I don't have your email address:). I handle the finances/accounting for an engineering firm.

Sue and Art said...

Happy Easter you beautiful family. Caleb is getting so big and is cuter than ever. Love you all.