One of the things I love about Nathan is his drive to learn new things, especially when it comes to projects around the house. We have been talking about putting up crown moulding and a kitchen backsplash for some time, and since Nathan had a 2 month break from school, he learned how to do both and he was hard at work during his time off. He worked on the moulding as he had time and it took him a couple of weeks, and the kitchen backsplash we did over New Years weekend. I can't take much credit, except for holding trim while he used the nail gun, and helping place tiles and with the grouting. He did all of the precise measuring, cutting the trim and tiles, and the finishing work. I am really proud his hard work, and the house looks great. I have a very handy husband -:). Here are some pictures of his hard work.
Kitchen Before
Progress
Kitchen After
My pictures do not do the crown moulding justice since I can't get that high to take pictures unless I am on a ladder, but it looks awesome and it brings a new dynamic to the rooms. I especially love how it looks on our red dining room wall.
Thanks for all your hard work Nathan, the house looks great!
4 comments:
oh my goodness I love the backsplash! I've wanted to do that to! Nice job. Do you read Young House Love? They just did a backsplash too!
PS - sometimes I do a lot of blog posts at one time and I schedule them throughout the week:)
Great work on your molding and back splash.
OMG...LOL...Chinese Restaurant story. Love it! Welcome to parenthood. I would have loved to be a little mouse and listened to the conversation between Nathan and waitress :)
Love, Mom P.
Nathan is the best husband ever! He did a great job, and I love the backsplash you chose. Can't wait to see it in person. xoxo, Merce
Love the backsplash - Nathan, you did an outstandeing job and we know you could not have completed it without Heather holding the nail gun for you. We were supposed to do that seven years ago, and are still waiting - so good for you for doing it now.
Love ya all
Post a Comment