Caleb had his 6 month checkup earlier this week. As promised, here are his stats:
Weight: 14lbs 5.5oz (5th %)
Height: 25'' (5th %)
Head: 17''
Daddy said he did great with his shots and he just cried a little bit. Did I mention that Caleb is active???The only time he is not moving is when he is asleep (or watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for a few minutes after he wakes up). It is a lot of fun to play with him, and only a matter of time before he is moving on his own. He is sitting up pretty good and is getting better at playing by himself. Last night when he woke in his crib, he was on the other side from where we put him down to sleep and he was turned around. I think our stationary days are about over!
We took Caleb to dinner twice this week. One night at a Chinese restaurant, he accidentally knocked a plate off of the table, and the waitress tried to charge us $15 for the plate. After she and Nathan had a little discussion, she ended up charging us $5. Hello, have you heard of an accident? Needless to say we will not be returning to that restaurant. Last night we went to an Italian restaurant and we made it out plate breaking free. Caleb makes an attempt for just about everything in his potential field of reaching, so we are pretty careful to keep the knives far away and some things he can play with close by. He's great table company if he has something to play with!
We have had a very mild winter this year. We have had a few 60 degree days in January and in general pretty mild days in the 40's. I am sure I just jinxed us and we will now get a blizzard and 2 feet of snow like we did a couple of winters ago for the snowpocalypse....we shall see. It was nice to wake up to a couple of inches of snow. I love how pretty the snow looks on the trees and covering the ground. Here is a view into our back yard.
Hap, Elizabeth, Sam, Andrew, and Jacob will be swinging by for a visit tomorrow, so be on the lookout for another post in a few days.
3 comments:
Get ready Caleb....your cousins are on their way to help you celebrate being 1/2 :)
Oh, he's getting so big! I loved seeing the photos of him and the Joliff boys on Elizabeth's blog today. I'm sure they'll always have a special bond, no matter how much time may pass between visits!
I need to plan another trip to see him soon before he gets even bigger! Love you guys.
Great pictures and love the Chinese Restaurant story - reminds us of a little girl we used to know who grew up to be a wonderful mother herself. Caleb is doing awesome - what a cutie pie, love his smile and laugh. We know you had a great visit with the all the cousins - a real treat for all.
Post a Comment