March 4, 2024

Florida visit

I took a quick trip to Florida a couple weeks ago to visit family and friends over a long weekend. The weather in Florida this time of year is so pleasant, not too hot or humid. Here is a sunrise view from my parent’s balcony.

My parents live close to the beach, and one of my favorite things to do when visiting is to go on morning runs or walks by the water. One morning I took a walk with my mom, and the other morning I went on a run.



The waves were bigger than I’ve seen in a while. It’s usually very flat…and the jelly fish were out everywhere. See the purple looking bag in the forefront? That’s a giant jelly fish!
That afternoon, my mom and I visited with my Aunt Eileen. It was so nice to get one-on-one time with her and catch up, but no pictures :). The next day, we went to my parents favorite seafood restaurant, 15th Street Fisheries for lunch. It was a nice view eating on the water and watching the boats go by.
That evening, I went to visit my best friend Marissa, her mom, husband, and kids. I have many childhood memories in this home, and it’s always so nice to visit with them. We didn’t plan but were twinning it:).
Marissa’s sweet husband Mike - we always joke that we got lucky marrying midwestern men ;). 
Their kids: Henry (11) and Sloane (5). Sloane looks a lot like Eliza and they are 5 weeks apart, we joke they are long lost sisters, and look forward to when all our kids can get together.
That evening Lauren invited the girls over to her house so we could all get together. Anytime I am in town she has a gathering and her and her husband Mike’s hospitality is always wonderful.  This is our high school crew minus Priscila, who now lives in Texas. Marissa, Lauren, me, Danielle, and Paula. Even though I only see them every few years, we always pick right up as if time never passed since we last saw each other.
Our famous picture pose we always did in high school. I love these girls dearly and am thankful we have remained good friends after so many years.
On the way home, I took a detour to see Plantation Racquet Club, where I grew up. 
The window on the left was mine, and on the right was my brother’s.
My dad planted all the trees and bushes in the early 80’s. They are pretty overgrown now!
Our backyard and the tennis courts and pool area. It was a nice place to grow up.
Center of the neighborhood and the clubhouse. So many childhood memories from living here for 15 years.
Another day, we went to visit my dad’s two sisters, Gail and Eileen, cousins (I always called them aunt and uncle growing up) Anita and Andrew, and cousins Alexis and Ashley. We had a very nice day together, and it was especially fun to listen to my dad and his two sisters talk about their childhood, friends, places they would go, and things they enjoyed growing up. Aunt Eileen brought out pictures and it was fun to listen to everyone reminisce. It was a very nice visit with everyone. 
Me and Aunt Gail, my dad’s younger sister. 
I love this picture of the siblings, oldest to youngest: Aunt Eileen, my dad, Aunt Gail
My aunts and I.
My sweet cousins Ashley and Alexis. I still remember when the girls were born, and watching them go from crawling to walking, then running, and now they are mature women. I always enjoy opportunities to spend time with them.
We also visited with my mom’s sister Avra, Uncle Ari, and my mom’s cousin John, and Mary. It had been many years since I have seen them all and was such a bonus treat to get to visit with them.

I had an early flight back to VA the next morning, and dad and mom saw me off to the airport. It was a full weekend, and I am so thankful I got to spend the time with my parents, extended family, and friends.









1 comment:

Mom and Dad R said...

What a fun and fabulous couple of days. It was such a treat to spend this time with you. So happy you could spend time with family and see your friends - great memories seeing all your photos. This was a short but very sweet visit. You are an awesome daughter and we love you very much. Hope to see you back soon. Love You Heather xoxoxo Mom and Dad