The kids had a great first day of school in America! This year Caleb is in 6th grade at Reagan Middle School, Benjamin in 5th grade and Eliza in Kindergarten at J.W. Alvey Elementary School. Before the first day, we visited their schools for open house and got to meet their teachers.
Caleb switches classes this year and has a locker. At his school they are issued laptops and everything is online. It’s a big transition from the small classes (400 kids K-12) that he was used to in his previous schools and very little done online, but he was excited for the first day as a Mustang and to meet new friends.
He was also very excited to ride a traditional yellow school bus…and that school is only 1.5 miles away from home.
Benjamin is in Mrs. George’s class and Eliza in Miss Pac’s class. It’s a sweet little elementary school with about 850 students and about 25 kids/class. Both kids were very excited for the first day as an Alvey Sunray and to make new friends.
All kids came home happy and gave their first day 2 thumbs up. We are excited for what this year has in store for them!






2 comments:
I want to say thank you for continuing your blog, I've been enjoying your families journey since way back and your time in Jordan. Your visit to the Petra for example, stunning pictures and an experience I was envious of! I had feared that now you were back home, your blog would stop. I hope to see many more wonderful journeys to come.
Happy First Day of School Caleb, Benjamin, and Eliza - hope you each have a great school year. We are excited to see all the new things you will learn and do this year. We Love You Very Much xoxoxo Grandma Sue and Grandpa Art
Post a Comment