May 17, 2022

43, 118, and Mother’s Day

A couple of weeks ago I took my 43rd revolution around the sun, and my mom took her 75th. This was our 118th birthday! I love that my mom and I share a birthday, it is a special gift. That morning I woke up to hugs and cards from the kids and Nathan, then we all went our separate ways to work and school.

At work my co-workers decorated my desk, and we ordered lunch and had cake, and they gave me this personalized Turkish plate.
I had these pretty flowers waiting for me at home from Nathan, and he got me a new watch.
We ordered dinner, had cake, boys had piano lessons, and we relaxed for the evening. It was a good day! My mom and dad spent the day celebrating in Ft. Lauderdale with a water taxi ride and they went out to lunch and dinner. I guess we both ate our way through our birthdays this year!
A little over a week after my birthday is Mother’s Day. I am so thankful for each of our children and for the best gift ever, to be called mom. I am thankful for my mom and mother-in-law, and for the wonderful example they have set as mothers for me, for Nathan for making it possible for me to be a mom and being right there beside me through it all. I am thankful for all my friends and family that are moms, and for the love and support we share with one another. Being a mom is such a rewarding gift. It’s not always easy and pretty, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything. We celebrated a day early because we had plans on Sunday. We went to Turkish breakfast at my favorite restaurant near our house and spent the day relaxing around the neighborhood. On Mother’s Day the kids made me this sweet card, Nathan gave me flowers, and gifted me a massage that I look forward to using soon.

The boys and Nathan went to a birthday party, and Eliza and I enjoyed playing at nearby park and an ice cream date. That evening we ordered food and played some games. 
And after a rainy afternoon, we were left with this beautiful double rainbow. 
Lots of happy spring celebrations!




2 comments:

Mark and Betty said...

What a great way to celebrate "YOU" . Hope your special days were are special as you are. Love you, Heather.

Mom and Dad R said...

Happy 43 awesome daughter and 118 to us - you are and will always be my most precious and amazing birthday gift. I love our special day. A nurse at the hospital brought in a cupcake and candle and sang happy birthday to us :) Happy Mother’s Day Heather, our 3-loves are fortunate to call you mom. Special days for special people- we love you very much and wish you the best life has to offer ——— Tons of love - Mom and Dad xoxoxo