August 27, 2018

Thankful

As I reflect on this summer and we await baby girl's arrival, I am incredibly thankful for many things. 

I am thankful for the opportunity to spend the summer with our boys, which has been such a blessing. As a full-time working mom, I do not get summers off, and it was so wonderful to have this time with them.  The circumstances of leaving Jordan earlier than anticipated because of gestational diabetes was not my initial plan, but I am thankful for God's bigger plan for this time. I was challenged in new ways some days, but we learned, grew, and had a really fun summer together!

I am thankful for my in-laws who have loved and served our family, and opened their home to us. I am thankful for the unique opportunity we have had to spend so much time with them, for them pouring into our boys' lives, and for the fun summer we have had together. It's been noisy and wild in their home many days, and I appreciate all they do for us!
I am thankful for our family, and that Nathan got here almost a couple of weeks ago! He is a loving, supportive, and engaged husband and father, and we are thankful for who he is and the role he plays in each of our lives. The boys have enjoyed lots of daddy time since his arrival, and this weekend we got to have fun going to the pool one last time so they boys can show him all their new swimming and diving board skills, we took them to the movies, and just enjoyed being together. (Pic at almost 38 weeks).
I am thankful for being able to take care of our growing baby girl through the diabetes in a relaxing environment where I could make good food choices, exercise daily with morning swims and evening walks, sleep comfortably, and be almost stress free.
And last, but certainly not least, I am thankful for the sweet blessing that awaits our family in the coming days. This is a picture from the last sonogram taken this past Friday. We are all so excited to meet her in the coming days, and the boys are beyond thrilled to be big brothers. Our parents are excited to welcome a granddaughter into the family, and we are looking forward to my parents' and brother's visit in a few weeks to meet her!
Until then, we wait in anticipation of her arrival! Baby girl news coming soon :).




1 comment:

Mom and Dad R said...

We are thankful that you are having a wonderful (mostly) stress free summer with our boys and being able to totally enjoy your time with them. We are thankful that Nathan was able,to arrive with a few weeks to spare to enjoy this time with all of you. We are thankful for Mark and Betty for opening their home and their hearts and for being the truly wonderful people they are. We are so excited to welcome baby girl and can't wait to go to IL to see and spend time with all of you and meet our new granddaughter. Love you and miss you all very much :)