This weekend we celebrated our church's annual Thanksgiving event. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, and what I love most about celebrating it here, is a majority of our church members are not from America! It was also the first time I have ever cooked a turkey in my life, and it turned out to be much easier than I expected. I found a good brine and cooking recipe online, and I heard the garlic and herbs turkey was good...though I didn't taste it.
And of course you can't have Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie!
Tes made her signature spring rolls, and they are always so delicious. I'm glad we ate one before we left the house because they went really fast!
So many people came to help out that day. You wouldn't know that a little over an hour before this picture was taken, it was an empty cafeteria!
I love this sheet that one of our pastor's daughters passed out. She's only 8 years old!Dan and Cathie serve our church in many ways, and they are so sweet to our family. They have spent many years overseas in different countries, and we are glad they landed in Jordan!
This is my newest friend Hannah, and Tes. Hannah is just here for a few months waiting to have her baby soon, then her family will be en route to another country
We invited a few friends from work, these are their teenage daughters.
Hello Nathan and Caleb!
The afternoon started with some worship music and a short message.Many of the youth helping serve food!
There was sooo much delicious food, and many people brought ethnic foods from their backgrounds, so we all got to try new foods that day.
Our senior pastor, Greg.
And his lovely wife Melissa and their youngest child, Gregory.
Tes and her friend Lyn.Eric and Heidi, the brains behind the day!
Hannah and her husband, Tomas.
Thanksgiving trivia time..
The winning team got to visit the dessert table first.
So many home made delicious treats!
The boys were so good and had fun playing with the other kids and exploring the school.
Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever.
1 Chronicles 16:34


























2 comments:
Happy early Thanksgiving - Looks like a great time was had by all. How nice you could all get together and celebrate. Your turkey looks amazing Heather - Am sure it tasted as good as it looks. Fun family times :)
Love you and miss you all 4 :)
Mom & Dad
xoxoxoxo
We are now very hungry! A large group to celebrate Thanksgiving with. Heather, you are now officially in charge of all future turkey preparation. Looks good. Love, Dad and Mom P.
Post a Comment