April 23, 2016

Hiking

We did a couple of hikes during our stay in Hawaii. One morning, Nathan, the boys, my mom, and I went to hike Moana Falls, which was a waterfall hike at the base of one of the mountains only a few miles away from downtown Honolulu. The trailhead was in the middle of a residential neighborhood, and by the time we got there it was getting cloudy.
It was a wooded and rainforest hike alongside a stream that eventually led up to the 100 foot waterfall. 
Not long after the hike started, the rain came, and came, and came, and we were all soaked! It felt good, well most of us thought it did. I think Benjamin would have preferred no rain, but Caleb just took off his shirt and stomped down the trail. 


It was a nice morning to be outside.
On my birthday, Nathan and I hiked Diamond Head, which was only a few minute drive from where we were staying. We got there a little after 7am, but it was already packed with tourists. 
The views of the city, shoreline, and of the state park were amazing.
It was a great way to start my birthday morning!




1 comment:

Mom and Dad said...

First time I hiked Manoa Falls and loved it - Beautiful in spite of the rain. Caleb was fearless, no amount of rain could stop him. Happy you and Nathan got to Diamond Head, one of our favorites. Dad and I had a cool sleepover with our boys that night and went to Burger King for breakfast. We both had a great Birthday start.
We Love You And Miss You All 4 - Hope You Come Back Soon :) :) :) :) Have a great time with Mark and Betty :) :)
Mom and Dad