February 25, 2016

Boy Break

I have one more post for Ethiopia, but since I haven't posted pictures of the boys on the blog for the past couple of weeks, I thought I'd take a cute little boy break. We have had  good couple of weeks, and we are excited for Nathan to get back here in a couple of days! Last weekend we played with some friends. One day we went to play with Nayla and her twiblings, Lillie and Miles. This was a best attempt picture at all 5 of them.
Nayla and Benjamin played with stickers for a long time, and he brought a nice sticker paper home with him.
Another day we had Sean and Mary Claire over for a pajama party movie night, and watched Ratatouille.
Sean forgot his puppy at our house, and we've had it for the week. We may have to get one or two of these next time we are at Ikea!
The boys got a build-a-fort for Christmas from my parents, and they have really gotten into making creations lately. This was some atomic, fiery planet, according to Caleb. They were so proud of it and asked me to keep it up after they went to bed, and it was the first thing they came looking for the next morning :).
The weather last weekend was BEAUTIFUL and we spent a lot of time playing outside.
There is always a lot of construction going on around here, and the other morning before school, the boys enjoyed watching the workers jack hammer our street
They watched some movies together on the kindle before bed.
And the is what I walked into one night. Puppy in the middle and Benjamin turned around :).
Then our weather turned cold, rainy, and foggy for 3 days this past week! The boys wore rain coats and rain boots to school all 3 days!
I definitely miss/took for granted the ease of having washed and prepared fruits and vegetables in the US. When I get them from the fruit stand they can be pretty covered in dirt. It's all natural which I like, but definitely takes time to prepare. And, since our water is not potable, we have to soak/clean and wash our fruits and veggies. But I am always so happy to see all the colors when they are washed and drying!
And for the first time in Jordan, we scored some fresh strawberries and they were delicious! We ate them all in one sitting :).
Today we were back to beautiful weather, right in time for Benjamin to get his new shorter cast! He was such a good patient and he loves his new cast and re-gained mobility. Just 2 more weeks, then he is done!
Tonight the boys built a fire truck and flaming fiery race car.
 Sweet dreams!





2 comments:

Grandma Sue and Grandpa Art said...

Miss you and love you, you two sweet, creative, and funny boys. Love your new flaming firery creations. Nice new cast Benjamin, pretty soon you will be out playing baseball. Nice boy break Heather, love all the pictures.
Aloha with love and giant hugs to all
xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

A busy week with two busy boys. Happy for their friends and the times they have with them. We are thankful for your good weeks. Nathan will be glad to be back with family. Thanks for the update. Love, Dad and Mom P.