February 13, 2015

Life

It has been an unusual week here for a number of reasons. Earlier in the week, Caleb, Benjamin, and I witnessed our good friend's 18 month old daughter almost drown. I called for help, and witnessed my friend give his daughter CPR and save her life.  I prayed with and consoled his 5 other children  and witnessed a tremendous sign of relief when we heard her cry. Shortly after, the ambulance arrived and brought her to the hospital. It seems all like a blur now. It was a very scary day for us all, and I couldn't begin to imagine how their family felt. As a mother and with my two children right there, my heart was so heavy. Later that night, it was confirmed that she was going to be just fine, and there was no permanent damage. Thankfully Nathan came home that night from a work trip, and he helped me talk through the events of the day. We saw her the other night, and she seemed 100% back to normal, happy as can be. God was watching over this sweet girl and protected her. Just as I know He protects us all, and most times we never know. Each day is truly a gift from God, and I am so thankful for my God, my Protector, my Savior. Thank you God.
The week was also strange because we had dust storms almost every day, which is untypical for this time of year. There is a constant layer of sand everywhere, people walk around with masks, and it's just all around yucky outside. I didn't take pictures, but here are some I found online of the storms this week.
And then two nights ago, almost the entire country lost power because of a glitch with one of the main power stations. The sun was already down, so we all had fun with flashlights for a couple of hours, and watched in amusement as people walked around outside not knowing what to do without electronic conveniences. We just thought it was our block that was out, but found out the next day it was almost everywhere, to include the International Airport, our big malls, fortunately the hospitals had generator backups. Apparently traffic came to a standstill for hours. More pictures from online of the outage. First one is of the airport!
 This morning it was still hazy, but much more clear. I think we have some sunny days ahead, and good times this weekend with a trip planned to the zoo and aquarium.
So thankful for the gift of each day, and the gifts from above.






3 comments:

Dad and Mom P. said...

Life...it indeed comes from the Lord. You being there that day and that time is just what God planned. Grateful for you and our family! Thank you, Lord for protection. Love.

Mom F said...

So thankful the sweet doll baby is doing great. Please send along our love and prayers. Love You All 4.

Mom & Dad said...

So thankful the sweet doll baby is doing great. Please send along our love and payers. Hope you all have the best weekend.
Love you and miss you all 4 ��
(Above message was sent before it was finished)