February 7, 2014

Shattered

Everyone is fine, but tonight we had a little bit of a scare. Our shower door shattered to pieces. This evening when the boys were getting in the shower, I noticed the shower door was stuck.  I tried to close it very carefully, but apparently I was not careful enough.
I watched the door shatter to pieces, fall to the ground, and land all over the boys. It was a scary site to witness. I got the boys out of the shower, and Nathan came running in shortly after and got them washed off. We each got away with only a few minor cuts. I thanked God  for his protection over our boys.
After a cold glass of milk and a few books, the boys were fine and they went right to bed. Nathan is super in these situations. He swept up the glass and I vacuumed. We had to put a hard board under the box to carry it outside, because the glass was so heavy. Wouldn't that be funny to have all the glass fall onto the ground? Not, really....
We may not have a shower door in our bathroom, but we do have two soundly sleeping boys and a very clean bathroom.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my!!!! Things like this happen so quickly and unexpectedly. When it happened it had to have been a startling event. Looks like you all handled it in a calm fashion. Thankfully no one was cut or injured. Caleb will be jabbering about this for days! Whew...thank you Lord for protection and calmness. Love, Dad and Mom P.

Hap said...

Amen. Thank You Father for your protection in this circumstance.

Anonymous said...

So happy to see two peaceful sleeping unhurt boys - That was one scary happening. You and Nathan are terrific.
Love you all 4,
Mom & Dad

Unknown said...

Thank goodness nothing bad happened to you! That was really scary! I can only imagine the boys’ panic that night. Anyway, I think the glass wall was not properly installed. It should not have just broken easily just because it was stuck. Stay safe!

Lynne Hollaran @ Suburban Glass