January 20, 2014

Happy Reunions

I arrived in the DC area early this morning, and it is good to be back. The sun was shining all day, and the chilly air felt refreshing. Ask me again in a few days how I feel about the cold weather.  I took the long way to the hotel so I could drive some of my favorite roads and to soak in the trees and the greenery. The good thing about arriving on a Sunday morning is no Beltway traffic!

The best part about getting to my hotel was my visitors, Marissa and Henry! They drove down from Philly to visit for the day. Last time I saw them was in April. Henry was 2 months old, and in a couple of weeks he is going to be 1! He is a very sweet and content baby with the cutest strawberry blonde hair and big blue eyes. He is the picture perfect Gerber baby.
 I love seeing Marissa as a mom. She is a loving, silly, and having a baby has not slowed her down, rather it has made her and Mike blossom even more. I am so proud of them as parents, and seeing she and Henry together makes me so happy.
The three of us had a great day together. We ate lunch at the Cheesecake factory, then Henry took a snooze while we walked around and got caught up. Before moving to Kuwait, Marissa and I talked on the phone every week, so we made up for a lot of lost time today.
We enjoy living in Kuwait, but being far away from family and friends has been the biggest adjustment for us. I am so happy that I got to see Marissa and Henry, and very thankful for today. I love you guys very much!

3 comments:

Mariss said...

Best Day Ever! I loved the post, you are so sweet, and you and Nathan are wonderful parents who provided a lot of inspiration on us. Especially regarding having fun with your children and not treating parenthood like your life is over. I love you so much!

Dad and Mom P. said...

We are so glad you, Marissa and Henry had a day to share. Henry is a doll. Is he a little Mike?
Love, hugs, kisses and hellos for all.










Anonymous said...

So happy the three of you could get together for the day. You and Marissa have a very special friendship and it was always fun when you would get together. Henry is a doll baby and wish we could have been there to see all of you. We know you sent our love and kisses.
The four of you are awesome parents.
Love you and miss you lots,
Mom & Dad