Nathan was away the last few weeks, and he got home last night! We missed him a lot and were all excited he was back with us. While he was gone, Tes took great care of our family.
We celebrated Nathan's birthday last night, and I cooked his traditional birthday meal of macaroni and cheese and hot dogs. Since we can't purchase pork on the economy, we get what the Embassy has available, and we were able to find some delicious Bratwurst.
Each year I make Nathan a birthday cake, and this year I decided to try his mom's ice cream cake roll recipe, that she always made for his birthdays growing up. I probably should have talked to her first to get some tips because did not look quite as nice as hers, but it sure tasted good. And of course we celebrated Middle Eastern style. Good thing we did not have 33 of these candles! Just 3 make our smoke alarm go off.
We celebrated Nathan's birthday last night, and I cooked his traditional birthday meal of macaroni and cheese and hot dogs. Since we can't purchase pork on the economy, we get what the Embassy has available, and we were able to find some delicious Bratwurst.
Each year I make Nathan a birthday cake, and this year I decided to try his mom's ice cream cake roll recipe, that she always made for his birthdays growing up. I probably should have talked to her first to get some tips because did not look quite as nice as hers, but it sure tasted good. And of course we celebrated Middle Eastern style. Good thing we did not have 33 of these candles! Just 3 make our smoke alarm go off.
We played with the boys for the rest of the evening and enjoyed being back together. Tonight the boys helped Nathan opened some nice gifts he received from family.
We love you Nathan, Happy 33rd birthday to you!
3 comments:
It is always a good time for a party. And when it is a party for someone as special as Nathan, it makes it even better. Happy Birthday Nathan. Love, Dad and Mom
Happy Birthday to a very special son-in-law. Looks like you had a great welcome home party.
Love,
Sue & Art
You guys are such a sweet and loving family. True soulmates. love you guys! happy birthday nathan!
Post a Comment