Tonight we had a friend from India come over, and she showed me how to cook chicken curry and rice. Nathan and I love Indian food, and WOW, this the most delicious we have had yet!
She brought over spices from her country, and she ground them together. I think it was a combination of garlic, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, turmeric, cumin, and some other things I can't remember.
To make the chicken, first, chop onion, garlic, tomato, and green chili.
Next, add bay leaves, and sauté the all of the ingredients in oil.
Then, add the chicken, Indian spices, coconut milk powder, and water. Bring to a boil and cook on medium heat for a while.
To make the rice, first sauté onion, garlic, and green chili. Then add water and rice, bring to a boil, and cook until the rice is done. Finally, fry raisin and onion in oil as a topper
Here is our wonderful chef, Shina.
While I was learning how to cook, Nathan fed the boys dinner and played them some tunes before the bath.
We tried to get Shina to stay for dinner, but she insisted that we eat without her. So after the boys went to sleep, we had an Indian dinner date, and it was delicious! I wish I could capture the smell and taste of the food in the blog. The food was so wonderfully spiced and aromatic!
Good thing is we have lots of leftovers. I think we will be eating a lot of Indian food this weekend :).
3 comments:
Look and sounds delish! Too bad we can't smell ;)
Sounds Yummy - Enjoy - Love the picture of Nathan playing the guitar for the boys.
Lots of Love,
Mod & Dad R
That is so sweet! I want to make it now too. Love and miss you tons! Loved the video of Big Ben on his 10 month b'day.
Post a Comment