November 21, 2011

Visit with Great Aunts Eileen and Gail and 'Aunt' Anita

Nathan, Caleb, and I arrived in Florida yesterday afternoon, goodbye 30 degrees, hello 80's! My parents were so happy to see Caleb again. He was 5 weeks old the last time my dad saw him and 11 weeks old when my mom saw him last - big changes! That evening, my dad's sisters Eileen and Gail, and Eileen's daughter Anita came over to meet Caleb for the first time. Eileen is so excited to be a great aunt, though she has been a grandma for 22 years, and Gail is excited to be a great aunt again. I said 'aunt' Anita because she is really my first cousin, but when I was little I always thought she was my aunt. Apparently at a young age I figured out that she was my cousin, and was pretty upset about it. To this day, I still call her aunt Anita, and she can be the same for Caleb -:). We had a really nice visit with everyone and Caleb was a lot of fun. He was talking up a storm and very playful. We will have to get more visits with our aunties this week!







2 comments:

Grandpa Mark and Grandma Betty said...

Hello to Grandpa Art, Grandma Sue, Aunt Eileen, Aunt Gail and "Aunt" Anita...Hope you are enjoying your visit with our wonderful grandson;) May this week be filled with lots of love, laughter and of course, 80 degree days! Happy Thanksgiving. We all have much to be thankful for.

Grandma Sue & Grandpa Art said...

Greetings Grandma Betty and Grandpa Mark - yes, we are having the best time with Heather, Nathan and of course our beautiful wonderful Grandson Caleb :). Caleb's Great Aunts loved finally meeting him and they had a great time together. Happy Thanksgiving to all and hope you have a wonderful one. We all have so much to be Thankful for and delighted we can share the happiness.