April 26, 2016

106, Sunsets, and See you soon!

It is very special to share a birthday with my mom. And for the first time in 19 years, my mom and I were together to celebrate our combined 106th birthday! It was a fun day starting with a morning hike with Nathan, beach with the family, mani/pedi with mom, and dinner with everyone. 
Thankfully there was not 106 candles on the cake. It may have been a slight fire hazard :).
The next day it was sad to say see you next time. I am so thankful for the time we got to spend with my parents,  and we loved getting to see their new home and getting to visit their favorite spots all around the island. The natural beauty of this place was amazing, and I will say I have never seen so many rainbows as I did here. This is one Nathan and I saw right before sunset one night that looks like it went right through Diamond Head.
And if you know me, you know I love sunsets. So, here are lots of sunset pictures :)
We love you very much dad and mom, and look forward to visiting again sometime!

2 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

We love you very much Heather, Nathan, Caleb, and Benjamin. We had the best visit with you and we were so happy you got to see so many of the things we love about Hawaii. VERY SPECIAL spending our birthday together - That was a real highlight. Hope to see you all soon. We love you all 4 and miss you :)
xoxoxoxo

Elizabeth said...

Those sunsets are amazing and so many rainbows!!