October 7, 2015

It's here x 2

We have stuff! Our crate and car arrived on Monday and it really has been like Christmas in October for the boys...and sort of for us too :). We knew we were getting our crate, but did not know the car would also be the same day too. Nice afternoon surprise.
The movers were great and got everything unloaded and mostly out of the boxes in less than 2 hours. We tried really hard to minimize our stuff in Kuwait, and left with 1,000 lbs less than what we arrived with. It still does seem like a lot of stuff, but we have been happy with treasures we are finding :).
I have to give all the credit to Nathan and to Fe, our helper while we are waiting for Tes to arrive, for unpacking most of the house. I was feeling ok that morning, and shortly after the movers left, I was hit hard with a nasty stomach something, and was in bed all day Monday and most of Tuesday. Praise God I am feeling much better today and was able to eat noodles and gatorade! So over the next few days I plan to help :)
I wish I could have gotten up to take pictures of the boys initial reactions on Monday and Tuesday when they got home and discovered their toys. All I heard from bed was, 'awesome, I found my spaceship!' 'Awesome, I found my plasma car!' 'Awesome, I found my trucks!' The boys are having fun racing their plasma cars around the house. When I got up yesterday evening, this was going on...



Caleb was happy to see his lion and said it makes it comfortable for him to watch the kindle before bed.
Today was the first rain of the fall. The rain brought in lots of fog and some cooler weather which feels really nice...and like fall! 
Stay tuned, we should get things set up soon. Just a couple more rooms to work through.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are starting to feel better. Once you are over this sickness you will have fun setting up the house. The boys will now have a blast playing with their "new" toys! Love, Dad and Mom P.

Anonymous said...

WOW - Christmas in October. Wish we could have been there to see the boys faces when they saw all their new (old) toys. Nice your car made it too.
Feel good Heather - We love you and miss you all 4
Mom & Dad R