December 9, 2014

#IAMKUWAIT

The other night on Facebook, I stumbled upon a Nikon photography contest called ‪#‎IAMKUWAIT‬, for people living in Kuwait taking pictures of Kuwait. The contest is being judged December 11 - 15 by Nikon, world famous photographer Bryan Peterson, and popular vote on Facebook, and the winner receives a Nikon D750 DSLR camera. I've never entered a contest like this before, but thought why not?!

I submitted a photo that I took of a foggy sunset at Mutla Ridge in January of 2014. Mutla Ridge is the highest point in Kuwait at a whopping 306m, and is located 8km south of the Iraqi border. The ridge is famous for its role at the end of the Gulf War in 1991, as the road that the Iraqis retreated from Kuwait. Today, people enjoy visiting the ridge to admire the natural rock formations and ripple sand, mountain bike in the winter, or explore the ridge by 4WD. It's a pretty awesome place to visit!

I'm really not counting on anything coming of this, but it was fun to enter. We'll see what happens on December 16th :).

3 comments:

Carol and Mary Mulvany said...

You have our vote! Beautiful!
Aunt Mary

Anonymous said...

You have a winner in that picture! Good luck.

Love, Dad P.

Anonymous said...

Good luck Heather - You certainly have our vote. We will share it again tomorrow on FB.
Love the picture and Love you lots,
Mom & Dad