We arrived back at home this morning. We had a wonderful visit with the Jolliffs, and especially loved all of the time we all spent together, our experiences, and places we saw. I took lots of pictures, so over the next week I will post about our trip.
One day last week, Elizabeth and Andrew took us on a tour of the wilderness, to baptismal site, the oldest city, and saltiest sea on earth. This country is more beautiful than I ever imagined, and so diverse in its landscape.
First we stopped at sea level to take some pictures and soak in the beautiful sites.
I love this picture of Nathan and Elizabeth.
Next, we visited a place where Jesus was believed to be baptized. It was a quiet spot on the river, and I imagined what it may have been like here thousands of years ago.
Afterwards, we visited one of the oldest inhabited cities in the world. We drove around town, then ate schwerma and falafel, and enjoyed a nice view from above.
Our last stop was to the sea that is over 1,000 feet below sea level and it is the deepest salty body of water in the world.
It doesn't get much more beautiful than this.
Andrew almost got in, maybe next time.
One day last week, Elizabeth and Andrew took us on a tour of the wilderness, to baptismal site, the oldest city, and saltiest sea on earth. This country is more beautiful than I ever imagined, and so diverse in its landscape.
First we stopped at sea level to take some pictures and soak in the beautiful sites.
Next, we visited a place where Jesus was believed to be baptized. It was a quiet spot on the river, and I imagined what it may have been like here thousands of years ago.
Afterwards, we visited one of the oldest inhabited cities in the world. We drove around town, then ate schwerma and falafel, and enjoyed a nice view from above.
Our last stop was to the sea that is over 1,000 feet below sea level and it is the deepest salty body of water in the world.
It doesn't get much more beautiful than this.
I meant the sea :).
Three adults and three kids walked down the rocky path to the water. The adults got in to float :).Andrew almost got in, maybe next time.
We enjoyed these spectacular views on the drive home, it was a great day!
2 comments:
Lovely picturs AND yes, beautiful ladies!!!!
Thanks. Love you. Glad you had a nice time and safe travels.
Welcome Home
Amazing Pictures and a great time. Yes, love the picture of Nathan and Elizabeth, and Elizabeth and you (and, of course, the three boys). It is easy to see what a great trip you all had.
Love you all 4,
Mom & Dad
Post a Comment