November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am thankful for a lot of things this year, and these three guys are at the top of my list! For as many years as I can remember, we have spent Thanksgiving with my family. Since we can't be together this year, I am glad my parents and brother are spending the holiday together in Hawaii, and Nathan's parents are spending the holiday with family as well.
We had a non-traditional day, and it was a lot of fun. Leading up to today, Tes and I baked a couple of pumpkin pies, and she made pumpkin bars for our neighbors and Caleb's pre-school.

 This morning we had a parent-teacher conference at Caleb's preschool - more about that in another post, then we met some friends at the Embassy for a 5k Turkey Trot. Our trot was 8 adults and 11 kids. Our friends that planned the run have 6 kids, their friends have 3, and us with 2 kids. The other two guys have 2 kids each, but one of the families was back in the states and the other two kids were at school.
The big kids and adults ran 4 laps, and the little kids ran 2 laps. The real little ones rode most of the time, and ran a bit at the end. Does this guy look familiar?

After the run, we ate homemade pumpkin and banana bread, the kids got prizes, and we hung out and talked.
 
Of course the boys found a tank.
 I overheard a funny conversation between the two younger boys (3ish), as they watched Caleb go under the tank for the first time. It went something like this:

W: "Look, that little boy is under the tank."
C: "Yes, he's is walking like a turkey. And he is a baby. Look, he has a diaper."
W: "I have spiderman underwear."
C: " I have spiderman socks." (getting to the end of the tank)
W: "Cool, let's do that again."

Haha! The boys all kept walking under the tank like turkeys for a while, and Caleb gave the boys knuckles before saying goodbye. We were glad our friends planned a fun Thanksgiving morning.
 This afternoon, we got a family nap for a couple of hours! Then we headed out to one of the malls to have Thanksgiving lunch with Tes. We asked Tes to choose her favorite restaurant,  and off to Cheesecake Factory we went!
 Lunch was delicious. We told Tes about the story of Thanksgiving, and how we celebrated in the past. We are very thankful for the love she has for our family.
After the meal, we walked around the mall for a while. Caleb ran a lot, but he even asked to hold daddy's hand:).
Wishing our family and friends a great Thanksgiving Day. We love you a lot!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post - and what a great day you all had. Sounds like a perfect Thanksgiving and a lot of fun. We all have so much to be Thankful for, and the four of you have a special place in our heart We love you all 4 and miss you lots. :-)) :-))
Mom & Dad R

Dad and Mom P. said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you. Sounds like a perfect home-away-from-home Thanksgiving day. We love you!

Anonymous said...

Awww, Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful to have you as friends, and I miss your entire family. I really miss having conversations with you, Nathan and Mike! I'm glad you had a special day with friends, and have a great nanny / friend in Tes! Love you, Merce