The daffodils are starting to pop up everywhere, and I can almost see the start of the cherry blossoms. This weekend was beautiful, it was close to 60 degrees...time to get outside!
One of Caleb's favorite things to do is play with bubbles, and bubbles were on his mind...all morning.
We played with bubbles at the park, and Caleb even blew a few himself. It's fun to watch how excited he gets if you even mention playing with bubbles.
He had fun going up and down the slides.
And he made a few friends at the park too.
There were lots of sticks to play with, and open space to run, run, run.
And Ben sat so patiently watching his brother the entire time. I wonder if he wonders when he will be able to run and play with his big brother?
Caleb is starting to take more of an interest in Ben (not in a let me whack you when dad and mom are not looking kind of way). When Ben cries, Caleb wants to rub his head, or try to give him the pacifier. It is very sweet.
We finished off the evening with no-pants basketball, in honor of March Madness. Go GATORS! Sorry IU.
On Saturday we went went to the Patuxent Research Refuge. It was established by FDR is 1936, and it was the United State's first and only refuge to support wildlife research. It is made up of almost 13,000 acres of forest, meadow, and wetland habitats, and trails that roam throughout the refuge.
We spent most of the time walking outside around the lakes and looking at all the pretty budding trees. I love the sparesness of flowers and popping color at the start of spring. Everything looks so fresh and new, and it will only be a matter of weeks before everything is lush again.If you look closely, you can see a big snake that we saw along the way. Everyone in the visitor's center was talking about it, and one of the rangers said it was a northern watersnake.
This is called Goose pond...Nathan LOVES geese (not at all) and I thought of him when taking the picture:).
My two cool dudes...
I'm impressed with how much Caleb can run and be on the go all day long.
He does slow down from time to time.
And he occasionally sits down too. Actually, he is waddling like a penguin in this picture. I taught him how to waddle today when we were sitting down, so I guess he thinks he has to sit to waddle. I love little kids!
Before leaving, we went inside to see the animal exhibits. I have a story at a future time about Caleb reaching for doors.
We finished the evening playing after dinner, reading stories, and taking a bath before bed. As I said earlier, Caleb really likes to play with Ben, and he does a good job making Ben laugh. Shortly after this picture, Caleb started rolling Ben. My first instinct was to tell him to stop, but Ben loved it and was cracking up!
I think this is the start of some wild days ahead of us. We can't wait!


2 comments:
Looks like a great day with Mom. They look cute in their desert camo.
Glad you are enjoying some Spring!
Great pictures of a great day. Love those boys - looks like you all had a perfect day.
Love ya - Mom & Dad R
Post a Comment