July 23, 2011

Heading to the Hospital...



Caleb's due date was July 22nd, however around week 35 I came down with Gestational Hypertension and was put on bed rest for the last month of the pregnancy so my doctor scheduled an induction for July 14th. This gave Caleb the perfect conditions to keep baking -:).

The night before the induction we checked into the hospital. They gave mom a sleeping pill and dad a 'comfortable' couch to sleep on... The next morning they started with a small dose of Pitocin since I was  already in light labor, and we watched the Tour de France for a few hours. My labor was progressing slowly, so around noon they kicked up the Pitocin and by 2:30 I was ready for the epidural. Let's just say I have a lot of respect for women who give birth without an epidural! By 4:30 I was fully dialated, however Caleb wasn't in the right position yet. After 4 hours of being moved into different positions every 15 minutes I was ready to deliver and 25 minutes later our sweet baby boy was born. Nathan was a great coach and he got to participate in the delivery! It was an amazing experience for both of us.



On Friday afternoon, Grandpa Mark and Grandma Betty arrived at the hospital to see us and to love on their grandson.  They were a huge help getting us settled the first couple of days at home, and we are so thankful for their visit with us and for spoiling us with cooking, cleaning, and taking care of things around the house. We look forward to visiting with them again soon.



We feel very blessed for Caleb's healthy arrival, and words cannot describe the love we have for our sweet little boy. We are excited about our new life as a family of three -:).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our trip to Virginia to meet and love Caleb was a delight and joy. He is such an adorable little boy. We are already thinking of the next time we will be able to be with the three of you. Enjoy every moment during these early days of discovering all the wonderful things about Caleb. Love, Dad and Mom P.

Anonymous said...

Just a few more days until we get to Virginia to meet our new grandson - we are very excited. Caleb, you are one lucky "little guy" to have such wonderful parents to help you along the road of life. With lots of love and great anticipation to meet you in person. Grandma S and Grandpa A.

Anonymous said...

I love that last picture of Caleb. Such a sweet face.

Anonymous said...

Very happy for you guys. I know Caleb will be loved by many. Hope to meet him some day.
Suzanne