Happy 3rd birthday Benjamin Aaron! You bring so much joy to our lives and you are a ball of sweet love. You have grown and developed so much this past year, and we know God has great plans for this next year.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. ~ Jeremiah 29:11
You are a big helper and you try to help with just about everything. From routine things like cleaning up after meals, picking up toys, brining groceries inside, helping with laundry, even flushing the toilet! You love to try new things and when you see somebody doing something, the first words out of your mouth are, "I can do it." And you usually can.
Some of your favorite things to do these days are ride your scooter, tricycle, and plasma car; play with trains, trucks, cars, basically anything that goes; swing at the playground, playing and running around outside. You prefer to be shirtless unless you have to wear one :). You are still not into movies, unless it is nursery rhymes or songs. You love to sing and we equally enjoy hearing you walk throughout the house singing all kinds of songs. You especially like books that have trains, trucks, cars, or construction vehicles, and like us to read Goodnight Construction Site, and to pick a Bible story before bed.
Tonight you were singing the happy birthday song in Arabic while you were playing with your toys.
You are reserved and cautious when you enter a new situation, but you warm up very quickly and are quite the social butterfly. Most people can't escape without you giving them a hug, kiss, high five, and waves goodbye. You are a kind and empathetic soul. When someone is sad or sick, you want to cheer them up and bring them toys so they feel better. If someone needs help you are the first go to up to them and say, 'I can help you.'
You have no fear and have scared us from time to time. If you want, you will jump off of anything and into anything, to include off 6' tall playground equipment with no guard rails and pools when you are not wearing floaties. Its a good thing you spent so much time in the pool in Illinois and began learning how to swim this summer in Florida! You love to be thrown high in the sky and can never get quite high enough.
You started a new preschool in Jordan, and you are having fun with your friends in the Popcorn class. Your teachers adore you and we love when you wave bye, bye to use through the window of your classroom. You are learning English, Arabic, and French each day. We enjoy hearing you say words in Arabic and hope you can learn a lot over the next 3 years.
As of a few weeks ago, you are potty trained! You thankfully were ready and very easy to convince to use the potty. Who could resist hugs, stickers, marshmallows, and M&Ms. We are proud of this step in you becoming a big boy.
You are an adventurous eater and will try just about anything. It's amazing the amount of food you can put down in one sitting, I can only imagine what our grocery bills will be like when you and Caleb are teenagers! You love your brother so much, and we adore seeing your bond continue to grow. At times some may call it healthy brotherly love, but you two are all about just having fun. From morning playtime, bus rides home from school, afternoon and evening playing together, sharing a bed, and asking for Caleb when you wake up each morning. We love to see your friendship grow each day.
This year we started the birthday questions:
1. What is your name? Benjamin Aaron Purcell
2. How old are you? Three
3. Who is your best friend? Caleb
4. What is your favorite thing to do? Go to the playground
5. What is your favorite color? Red
6. What is your favorite food? Broccoli
7. What do you like to do with your family? Play with trains and tracks
8. What is your favorite toy? My monster truck
9. What do you want to be when you grow up? A truck driver
10. What makes you happy? Trucks, race tracks, and my trains
11. What makes you sad? When people are crying
12. What is your favorite TV show? The Wheels on the Bus
13. What is your favorite book? Night night construction site
14. What do you love to learn about? Trucks
15. What was the best part of your birthday? The birthday song
16. Where do you like to go? To play
17. Who is your teacher? Ms. Leen and Ms. Rula
18. What is your favorite treat? Chocolate ice cream
19. What do you think about before you fall asleep? Puppy dogs
20. If you could meet someone famous, who would it be? Shawn
21. What was your favorite birthday present? My train tracks and monster truck.
Happy, happy 3rd birthday Benjamin! Wishing you a very special day today. We love you to the moon and back!